Vulnerable Customer Support
All our staff are dedicated to ensuring the needs of vulnerable customers are identified and handled in a compassionate and helpful way. Our internal policy provides information and procedures on how our staff can assist with the following types of vulnerabilities:
- Hard of hearing, deaf or speech impaired
- Blind or partially sighted
- Limited mobility
- Suffering with mental illness
- Experiencing short term financial difficulties
- Recent bereavement
- Recently gone through separation or divorce
- Problems with addiction
- Low income
- Significant debt management issues
- Mortgage arrears
- Learning difficulties
- Younger people / first-time buyers with low financial services knowledge / elderly people who may suffer with lack of technology knowledge or difficulty making financial decisions
- Non-English speaking or those who have limited English language
Some of our offices are accessible for wheelchair users and parents with pushchairs. We also have an accessible toilet in our Head Office. We will ask if you have any accessibility requirements before we meet with you but, if we forget, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your needs.
Training is given to all employees and new joiners on how to identify and assist vulnerable, or potentially vulnerable customers.
We have access and information available from the following resources and charities, which you may find beneficial:
We are happy to help in any way possible so please bring any additional support needs to our attention.